Guess it's my old-fashioned nature, but I love traveling through small towns, especially if they have a town square and an old courthouse. During the past few years, every time we go somewhere on the road and come across one of these towns, I try to take a picture of the town square and the old courthouse building, especially those with a clock tower at the top. Love those! This picture is one that I took when we were on our recent trip to the RC and Moon Pie festival. A few years ago, we traveled through North Carolina, and came across an old courthouse building with a clock tower that had 100 steps going up to the front door. Guess I need to hunt out those pictures. By the time we climbed up to the last step, Roland and I were just about tuckered out!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Town squares and courthouses
Guess it's my old-fashioned nature, but I love traveling through small towns, especially if they have a town square and an old courthouse. During the past few years, every time we go somewhere on the road and come across one of these towns, I try to take a picture of the town square and the old courthouse building, especially those with a clock tower at the top. Love those! This picture is one that I took when we were on our recent trip to the RC and Moon Pie festival. A few years ago, we traveled through North Carolina, and came across an old courthouse building with a clock tower that had 100 steps going up to the front door. Guess I need to hunt out those pictures. By the time we climbed up to the last step, Roland and I were just about tuckered out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment