Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Surface friends

I recently had the pleasure of talking with someone longer than I normally do. Before, it was only to smile as we passed and maybe say hello or hi how are you. This time, our husbands were talking, so we sort of edged over to the side and started our own conversation. I found that this woman is a very sweet person, and really easy to talk to. During our conversation, I discovered that we have several things in common. So, I have a new friend!

Isn't that the way we all do, though? We smile and speak as we pass along life's journey, never taking the time to really stop and have deep meaningful conversations, or even conversations that go below the surface at all. There are so many ladies out there struggling with their own challenges and we never take the time to get to know them. Maybe, just maybe, we have something in common with them and we could help, but unless we dig beneath the surface of our worldly plastic smile, we'll never know.

My challenge, for you and for myself, is to start digging beneath the surface. Introduce yourself to someone new. Take an "acquaintance" out to lunch or coffee and find out more about her. I think we'll all find some new friends and that is exactly what we need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment