Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Faith Walk news

Today, we had a Faith Walk get-together out at the Grove, with lunch, music and singing, information sharing of future plans for the ministry, and fun! The buildings were all open for touring, but it was so very cold today, that the only building we went inside for touring was the dining hall. It was decorated for Christmas, they had a fire going, with the most beautiful green Christmas trees on each side of the fireplace.

This was an event that was open to all Faith Walk community members as well as their families. They had a couple of activities for the children, but I didn't see all that many take advantage of it. It was very cold, and the wind was blowing which made it feel even colder!

The Faith Walk weekends have been held out at Rose of Sharon campground since the beginning, from the very first walk. The ministry continues to grow, and because Faith Baptist Church has purchased the Grove (formerly Camp Cordova), the decision was made to move the weekends to a place that will allow for continued growth. I was just invited to work the next women's walk, which will be out at the Grove, and I'm so excited! My sister will be working it, too, and we're so anxious to get started with the meetings.

Is it time for a count-down, maybe?
I think so!
10...9...8...

No comments:

Post a Comment