Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Piano lessons: #1

Sydney and I had our first piano lesson yesterday afternoon. It went well. I laid down a few house rules, told her that she will need to work and practice and do her part. She had a very serious look on her face the whole time I was talking. Wonder what she was thinking...? Anyway, I went over the keyboard, hand/finger positions,  just the basics for this first lesson. She listened and took it seriously, so I'm glad about that.


I showed her some scales to play and told her that I wanted her to practice those scales this week. And, of course....I taught her "Bone Sweet Bone"!! (There's a story behind that song. My sister and I used to play that when we were little, over and over and over!)


I'm looking forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment