Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Using S.O.A.P.


Now, that title probably caught your attention, didn't it? When I saw this on another blog (www.ourfamilyforhisglory.blogspot.com), it certainly caught my attention! S.O.A.P. is about how to study the bible:
  • S = Scripture - write out the scripture that you read (it helps you to memorize it and understand it)
  • O = Observation (things I notice as I read and study, what is this scripture about, who is in it, where is it taking place)
  • A = application (how can I apply this to my life)
  • P = Prayer (pray about what you just read, ask God to show you how you can use this scripture in your daily life)
I had actually heard of this SOAP method before, years ago. It's a good basic way to remember how to study the bible, and it's certainly a great way to teach your children!


Do you use SOAP when you're doing your bible study?

No comments:

Post a Comment