Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

House and Home

Well, the title of this post should read House versus Home, because that's exactly what I'm thinking. There are so many things that we need to do to our house. We need to paint, repair, fix, decorate, de-clutter, clean out, clear out, update, re-arrange, and the list goes on and on.

I came across a blog a few years ago (actually several good ones), but the one I'm talking about today is Melissa Michael's "The Inspired Room". I loved her posts about making a house into a home. Her style of writing is very conversational, like she's there with you, talking and suggesting and planning. She wrote a book "Love the Home You Have" that's based on her blog posts. I bought the book and fell in love with everything. She takes you through  different aspects of making a home, everything from cleaning to decorating to the "feel" of your home. There's even a 31-day challenge at the back of the book, just a list of small daily challenges that's very do-able.

I created a house projects binder, full of ideas and resources and lists of things we need to do, from cleaning to de-cluttering to decorating, inside and out. I'm using this book as a resource, and it's been so helpful to me. It's given me some great ideas, but it's also encouraged me to keep at it. It's slow going, especially in this season of my life, but I'm still working at it. We'll get there. And, in the meantime, I check off accomplishments, one by one, and that's a good feeling!


Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment