I just had a milestone birthday, and my husband took me on what I call "my kind of trip". We went to a tiny little town called Bell Buckle. It's where they hold the famous RC and Moon Pie Festival each year (see my post about our other trip there in June 2008). This time, we went in May, and we had a blast. Actually, I think he was kind of bored visiting each store on the tiny block "in town". He held his boredom well, though, as I looked in awe at all the old antique vintage "stuff", especially in Phillips General Store (my absolutely favorite store there...I could have spent hours in there...and Roland says I almost did!).
We enjoyed each others company, we talked, and laughed and walked around and shopped and took pictures (below is just a few of them). Then, we took a side trip to Rock City in Chattanooga. It was one of the best weekends I've ever had, and I wish I could do it all over again.

In the gazebo in Bell Buckle TN

The "welcome" sign

Love this store! "I'll be back!"

Here I am standing in front of one of the buildings...what a mural!
No comments:
Post a Comment