Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

This season of my life

I like the title of this post, and I had a lot of thoughts running around in my head as I clicked on "new post", but now, as I start to type, they all left me. Does that mean I'm getting "old"? Forgetful? My grandson would say "yes, Mammaw, you're old". Well, there are some days when I feel my age (or older!), but then there are days when inside, I still feel like that 19-year old girl who had her whole life in front of her. At this season of my life, I have regrets for things I've done, things I've said, things I've allowed to happen, but I also have no regrets about certain things I've done, specific decisions that I made for whatever reason I had at the time. I think we all have regrets, but what we must do is learn from our mistakes and move on. Handle each day as it comes, and let the Lord do the planning ahead. If it was all up to me, I would certainly make a big ol' mess of stuff to clean up. With God in the center of my life, with me allowing Him to plan everything, following His will and obeying and serving, my life is going to turn out a lot better than if I just left it all up to me.

This is a somewhat maudlin post. I didn't start out with this kind of post in mind. My fingers just started flying and this is what I ended up with. Maybe tomorrow will bring joy and peace. Although...just for a quick smile tonight...I must confess that I'm feeling fairly good about making 8 (yes, count 'em...8!) basketball goals this afternoon when I played against JJ. He was having an off day. ^_^ He only made 15 goals! I was just a tad bit proud of myself.

Good night. Have a pleasant weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment