I'm in a discipleship group with my church, and we're going to be starting a new study. It's a book called "Celebration of Discipline". I had actually never heard of it until recently, but just in glancing through the book and the study guide, it appears to be the kind of book that I'll enjoy. I'm looking forward to getting into it and learning from it. I've been told that it isn't what I call a "surface book". This is one that will challenge me and make me think. I thoroughly enjoy studies that make me do that! How is one supposed to learn if all one does is read a book and put it back on the shelf, just to move on to the next one? I read that way for entertainment, for relaxation, but when I want to learn, I find myself not just reading the book but studying it, looking up references and bible verses, writing my thoughts in a journal.
This is going to be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment