It's one of those milestones in a young life...being baptized. The symbolic act of washing away sins, buried with Christ in baptism, rising up and being made new...what an exciting event! JJ was baptized on Sunday morning, September 19, 2010. I'm so very happy about it. I went up there with JJ and Jeremy so that I could take a few pictures. I was okay, not emotional the least little bit, until JJ came up out of the water and started walking up the steps...then, I started crying. Couldn't help myself. I know that Jeremy is proud of his son. Family members were there to see it.
Jeremy and JJ
Another thing: we're glad that it was David Smith who baptized him. David is a special person and we were hoping that he would be the one to do it.
JJ, Mammaw and Grandaddy love you so much and we're very proud of you!




No comments:
Post a Comment