The other night, I was sleeping so good, which is a rare thing for me. Most nights, it takes me a long time to fall asleep, and then when I do finally doze off, the slightest sound will wake me up. This particular night, I was sleeping good when all of a sudden, I woke up, opened my eyes, and had one of those "God conversations". One thought came to my mind so clear and sharp that I could almost see it in front of me in neon. There is no doubt in my mind that it could only have come from God. And, what did I do? In my little puny human mind (and, yes, in my stubborness), I started arguing with the Almighty Lord. The thought that He put in my mind was so foreign to what I had been thinking and feeling about a particular subject, that the only thing I could do when He spoke to me that night was to argue with Him about it. Well, needless to say, after silently stating my side of things ('cause I didn't want to wake up my husband, who was still sleeping peacefully, not even the least bit aware of anything), I suddenly realized that I felt like I was talking to myself.
Yep, there I was, thinking that I could argue with God, and get away with it, or at least, have Him listen to my arguments and possibly even change His mind. WHAT was I thinking?!?
So, yes, it was a futile argument and I'm sorry for it. I'm still not sure I agree with what He told me, but at least, I can see and understand the point He was making. Now, all I have to do is work on obeying His will!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment